[Linux-discussion] Codeplex games

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 21:46:48 IST 2009

Stallman on M$ codeplex :

"Perhaps the aim of CodePlex is to suborn free software application
developers into making Windows their main platform. Many of the
projects hosted now on codeplex.com are add-ons for proprietary
software. These programs are caught in a trap similar to the former
Java Trap (see http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/java-trap.html)."

"However good or bad the CodePlex Foundation's actions, we must not
accept them as an excuse for Microsoft's acts of aggression against
our community. From its recent attempt to sell patents to proxy trolls
who could then do dirty work against GNU/Linux to its longstanding
promotion of Digital Restrictions Management, Microsoft continues to
act to harm us. We would be fools indeed to let anything distract us
from that."

http://www.fsf.org/blogs/rms/microsoft-codeplex-foundation

Best

A. Mani